Supply Chain Job: Buyer job based in Belfast: Due to continued growth our client require an experienced Buyer to join their Procurement team based at their Belfast site.
Our client is a globally recognised Manufacturing Company based in Belfast. Committed to providing high quality products to all customers in an increasingly demanding market, our client is leading the way in innovation, creativity, value for money, employee advancement and employee care.
Reporting directly to the Sourcing & Materials Manager, the successful candidate will manage the inventory and expenditure on all projects from receipt of order through to completion. You will be responsible for coordinating the procurement of all projects, ensuring they are within budget, produced to the highest quality while minimising inventory and maximising supplier performance. You will work to KPI’s, targets and will exceed cost saving expectations.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Expedite Purchase Orders, managing the integrity of supplier promise dates, holding supplier to account for communicating purchase order fulfilment dates and expediting orders to ensure timely delivery
· Proactively review open orders to identify supply problems, and negotiate with the supplier directly and immediately to resolve any issues before they impact the company.
· Purchase materials required, following up on shipment to ensure timely arrival of materials to site, ensuring delivery schedule is adhered to at all times.
· Constantly drive forward with cost reduction, supporting the inventory and Stock Control teams to ensure all stock is utilised in the best way, reducing waste, creating cost effectiveness and cost reduction.
· Continuously strive to hit company KPI’s and targets, reporting progress to management on a weekly basis.
· Work with Quality Assurance and materials team to closely focus on supplier quality improvement
· Gather spend data to identify trends and opportunities for consolidation and leverage
· Control inventory to low levels and in a way that can meet business turns
· 3 years minimum experience in Procurement/Supply Chain
· 3 years minimum experience as a Buyer within a Manufacturing/Engineering setting (preferably electrical buying experience)
· Extensive MRP/ERP knowledge, preferably Oracle, SAP or KANBAN
· CIPS qualification will be advantageous
· Third Level business or Supply Chain related qualification
· Job security
· Free on-site Car Parking
· Working in a fast paced environment where new ideas are recognised and encouraged.
· Excellent work/life balance
Salary negotiable depending on experience (25,000 - £30,000pa)
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8am – 4.30pm, Friday 8am – 1pm.
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Do you have the skills and experience required to excel in this position? Then please forward your CV ensuring it demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria.
Mairead McConnell, Brightwater Recruitment Specialists
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 02890 325 325