Title: Data Engineer - Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Location: Belfast or L’Derry
Arity is a technology company founded by Allstate that uses data science and predictive analytics to transform massive amounts of data into actionable insights. We are revolutionizing transportation by leveraging our expertise in risk modeling – including analyzing 100 billion of miles and 85 years of insurance driving data. From data collection to risk scoring and driving insights, Arity offers solutions to help keep drivers and customers safe, secure and on the road.
Our team is growing and this is an opportunity to make an impact and shape our future.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Arity Data Persistence (Hadoop) team and Data Scientists to make our data available and simple to analyze.
- Generate & Automate Data Validations providing quality and consistency
- You will work on a wide range of innovative use cases
- You will set-up and configure SPARK / HIVE to best practices
- You will develop best practices data Engineering
- You will coach data science teams to be self-sufficient
- Design, Build and Automate programs for amalgamated datasets
- Produce & Maintain Data Dictionaries for Data Analysis.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical specialist
- Hands-on technical practitioner
- Strong data engineering skills, e.g. Spark, Scala, Python, etc.
- Experienced in Spark architecture
- Experience with Hadoop
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- AWS Experience / S3
- Experience in data analytics
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform in production environments with many nodes.
- Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
Hours of Work:
- Standard; with flexibility as required
- Full Time
Apply VIA CLICKING THE APPLY NOW BUTTON
Closing Date: Friday 14th December 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.