Grade 5 Clerical Officer (Postgraduate)
School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
To provide clerical support within the School in coordinating key aspects of postgraduate education within Computing Science and Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The post holder will report to the School’s Education and Postgraduate Administrator and will be responsible for the management and day-to-day running of the PG Office and ensure core clerical and administrative functions, processes and procedures within the School are completed within set timescales.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant academic/vocational qualification, e.g. NVQ Level 3, ‘A’ Levels or Higher relevant qualification.
- 4/5 years’ relevant work experience to include supervision of staff, diary management, committee servicing.
- Good understanding and experience of relevant University policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to use initiative and judgement to resolve daily problems.
- Good oral and written communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to present information to others and deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
- IT literacy and up to date knowledge of relevant computer packages and University Management Information systems.
- Ability to assess and organise resources, plan and progress work activities.
Salary scale: £24,028 - £27,831 per annum (potential to progress to £29,514 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 4 March 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking THE APPLY BUTTON
You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.