Vacancy Reference: 18767
We are currently recruiting for a Trainer Assessor Essential Skills Numeracy for the Maghaberry area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36hours per week, with an hourly rate of £18.17.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To carry out training needs analysis to determine the skills gap between current and desirable trainee skill levels
- To deliver training as appropriate and provide support for trainees undertaking Essential Skills programmes
- To carry out training and assessor duties on NIPS premises and in College locations where necessary in compliance with awarding body and regulator standards
- To understand the training needs of the trainee population and deliver and develop challenging and exciting training sessions
- To deliver innovative programmes including the use of technologies
- A - All Candidates
- Applicants must hold GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent
- Applicants must hold GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number
- B - New Tutors
- All new entrant Essential Skills Tutors, will be required to hold a degree obtained at a university in the UK or the Republic of Ireland, of which Maths forms a minimum of 50% of the subject studied.
- C -Existing Tutors
- Be previously recognised by the Department for the Economy (DFE) for teaching Essential Skills (Literacy) in Northern Ireland
- Existing Essential Skills Tutor/Trainers who have obtained their ES qualifications before 20th April 2012, must demonstrate how they meet the requirements of the DFE circulars ES 01/09 or ES 02/04 for teaching Essential Skills Literacy. (Please provide dates)
- A minimum of two years’ experience of teaching Essential Skills – Numeracy in a range of contexts which must include two of the following: Further Education; Training; NEETS
- A track record of innovative practice in teaching essential skills Numeracy to challenging learners and young people;
- EXperience of using TEL to motivate learners through innovative teaching and learning
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.