Vacancy Reference: 18164
We are currently recruiting for a Trainer Assessor for the Belfast area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 36hrs hours per week, with an hourly rate of £12.71. This vacancy is expected to last for last 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain relationships with employers to secure apprenticeship growth opportunities and to ensure a target caseload is achieved and maintained
- To design and develop learning resources for the specific professional and technical area ensuring that technology enhanced learning is embedded where possible
- To identify and capture employer training need requirements in order to ensure that tailored work based training is planned, delivered and assessed which meets the diverse requirements of the relevant professional and technical area
- To ensure employers fully understand their roles and responsibilities to support the training process
- To fully understand the operational requirements of ApprenticeshipsNI programmes, other funded projects and commercial training options available to employers
- To develop a detailed working knowledge of the contractual requirements for the delivery and assessment of Apprenticeships NI programmes
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ level 3) in the professional and technical area(s) in which they are teaching/training
- Successful candidates will be required to possess a qualification at least one level higher than the qualification in which they are assessing
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- Hold an Assessors Award (TAQA or A1/A2 equivalent)
- EITHER hold, or be in the process of completing a Certificate in Teaching (CIT), OR give a commitment that you will undertake and complete the CIT qualification within two years of taking up the post
- Have at least 1 years’ assessing experience within the last 5 years, of working in your chosen area of specialism
- Demonstrable experience of providing training in the chosen area of specialism
- Candidates will be required to travel to meetings/training across NI as required therefore access to a car will be a requirement
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.