Vacancy Reference - 16786
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Head of Learning and Skills - HMP Hydebank Wood College to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday and expected to last up to one year.
The following duties will be required -
* The post holder will be responsible for the overall delivery of high quality offender learning and skills by placing learning and education at the heart of the prison regime
* The post holder will lead and manage the learning and skills team to deliver targeted learning and skills programmes within the NI Prison Service in line with an agreed curriculum and in full compliance of the terms and conditions of the Service Level Agreement and any associated policies and procedures.
* The post holder will support the Head of Prison Programmes, in the strategic planning and contract management, implementation and supervision of Learning and Skills staff to achieve a consistent high quality of learning provision which meets the needs of the individual learner, balances the needs of the NI Prison Service, Service Level Agreement and College
* Responsibility for managing timetables and utilization of resources, co-ordination on site with other services, supporting the development of management information systems to track learner targets and progress, participating in the ongoing development of the curriculum and co-ordination with awarding bodies, supporting the quality assurance activities to deliver on the standards required by regulatory bodies such as the Criminal Justice Inspection and Education & Training Inspectorate for NI
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A relevant qualification at Degree level (at level 6), or above, in any discipline
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing learning, skills or employability programmes in a community and / or offender learning or rehabilitation/resettlement related environment
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with learners/trainees who may have little experience of education and training
* Demonstrable experience of managing a successful learning, skills, employability or training contract
* Demonstrable experience of managing a successful, complex project or funded programme
* Demonstrable experience of developing training materials
* Proven experience of people management to deliver learning or training solutions
* Demonstrable experience of negotiation, consultation and influencing stakeholders to achieve results
* Proficient in use of Microsoft applications to include; Outlook, Excel, Word and internet applications.
Candidates will be required to undergo a CTC/SC check.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.