Vacancy: Customer Relations Specialist
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Customer Relations Manager
Location: Power NI, Newforge Lane, Belfast
DO YOU WANT TO ENHANCE YOUR CAREER IN A DYNAMIC, CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENT, WORKING IN A FRIENDLY, AND HIGH PERFORMING TEAM?
Power NI is Northern Ireland’s leading electricity company. While it’s nice to be the biggest, it’s the fact we have been voted the best electricity provider that makes it really special.
Join us and find out why we’re one of Ireland’s top 50 businesses and take advantage of our exclusive employee perks!
Purpose of the Role
An excellent opportunity has become available within the Energia Domestic Customer Relations team. Reporting to the Customer Relations Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the wider business to ensure the effective management and robust delivery of service excellence.
The role will be based at either our Newforge Lane, Belfast or Antrim office and travel to other sites will be required.
- Management of escalated customer complaints
- Engaging with the regulator (CRU) and third parties on complaint resolution
- Responding to customer feedback through various online channels including trust pilot, social media and surveys
- Assist in collating monthly management reports including root cause analysis of complaints and resolutions
- Training and coaching across the business on complaint management
- Working cohesively with Service Operations, Sales, Energy Services, Marketing and Credit & Collections to ensure a joint up customer journey and collaborative working relationship
- Delivering a quality assurance programme facilitating call calibration sessions
and feeding into customer relationship management meetings.
- Continually monitor quality of customer interactions and support quality initiatives across the business
- Participation in business projects as required
- Ensure Data Protection compliance
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent customer relations skills with at least 1 year’s experience managing escalated complaints
- Experience of using billing and related customer systems (training on internal system will be provided)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Packages including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle
- Previous experience of working in a complaints management role in the utilities sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong in both verbal and written communication
- A high level of customer focus, with an understanding of business and customer requirements
- A team player with experience of working effectively with others to achieve goals
- Act as a champion for innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise to multiple deadlines
Provides creative solutions to business issues/ needs, ensuring lessons are learned and improvements made. Monitors and drives effectiveness, compliance and competitiveness of specific processes (using targets as appropriate)
Seen as being approachable and accessible. Builds constructive working relationships. Linked in to specialist networks and expertise. Flexible approach
Judgement and Decision Making
Makes good timely decisions based on analysis, knowledge and experience. Provides specialist advice to others
Clearly communicates to a variety of audiences using a range of methods. Able to facilitate discussions on specific subjects or of a complex nature
Recognised as credible and trustworthy. Consistently does what is expected and demonstrates personal accountability for getting a job done
The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the job holders to meet quality standards, work deadlines and the changing needs of the business. The individual must have the ability to resolve problems and handle routine work with limited supervision.
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn an additional bonus of up to 10%
- Annual Pay Reviews
- 20-25 days holiday per year plus 11 statutory holidays and opportunity to ‘buy’ additional holidays
- Company Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of up to 6%
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and year-round learning and development courses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Membership of Social Clubs
- Childcare Vouchers
- 37 hour working week between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday
- Free car parking
The post will be offered on a Personal Contract basis with an attractive benefits package, including a salary to reflect the level of the post and taking account of the skills and experience of the successful candidate, and participation on the Company Bonus Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email your CV (including your National Insurance Number), outlining how you meet each of the criteria above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.00 pm on Monday 28th May 2018.
Please also complete the attached Monitoring form (with National Insurance Number) and send to email@example.com. Applications will be considered incomplete if the monitoring form is not returned. Both emails should have the reference and job title “PNICRS – Customer Relations Specialist” in the subject header.
An assessment may form part of the selection process.
Please note that all correspondence in relation to this vacancy will be via email.