Vacancy Reference - 16604
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Careers Information Advice & Guidance Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last for 4-6 weeks with the possibility of extension. . The following duties will be required -
* To ensure that College students receive accurate and detailed information in relation to careers education, information, advice and guidance in line with the student pathway
* To ensure that appropriate information advice and guidance in relation to the College courses is available at all College open days
* To proactively outreach a careers advice and guidance service to all College students across all campuses of the College
* To supervise staff in the Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance service during the absence of the service Manage
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Hold a degree at level 6 (any discipline), or equivalent
* Have a qualification at NVQ level 6 (or above) in careers, information, advice and guidance PLUS one year’s relevant experience in an education or training environment OR Have a qualification at NVQ level 4 (or above) in careers, information, advice and guidance plus two years relevant experiencing an education or training environment
* Extensive recent experience of providing advice and guidance to students
* Experience of using IT in a careers education, Information, advice and guidance environment
* Experience of developing working partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Experience of analysing data, information and producing relevant reports
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience of current careers education, information advice and guidance strategies for students
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience of both the further and higher education systems and training providers in Northern Ireland
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £163;33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.