Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with Openreach, Britain's digital network business. They are wholly owned and independently governed subsidiary of the BT Group.
Openreach's mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. Openreach work on behalf of more than 590 communication providers like SKY, Talk Talk, Vodafone and BT and their fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK passing more than 27.4 million premises.
Openreach have an ambitious plan to deliver better service, broader coverage and faster speeds. As part of this mission Openreach are embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation. Excellent customer service and customer experience has shaped the success of Openreach and they are now looking to recruit individuals to join the team and become part of the core staff who help realise these ambitions and deliver continued excellent service to their customers
Your new role
As part of the Customer Services Team you are the first line contact for your customers when they need support. You will work across the full Portfolio of products, you will provide end to end ownership of any issues and manage through to completion. Accountabilities will include;
- Working with customers via Voice and non-voice communication and where necessary transferring contacts to an appropriate team.
- Coordinate all aspects of delivery and ensure work is completed on time and to a high quality.
- You will take ownership of your work in progress, working to required metrics, effectiveness measures, customer satisfaction levels and maintain good relationships with customers
- Reporting in a timely manner with high level accuracy.
- Supporting new initiatives and being adaptable to change.
- Making decisions based on knowledge and the escalation process of the organisation.
- Attend and contribute to training, coaching 1-2-1 and performance reviews as part of your personal development.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a professional and persuasive telephone manner and natural flair for conversation with the ability to listen and enthusiasm for the role, you will have ambition and drive to work in a target environment. You will require the following;
- Good Organisation and Communication skills
- Internal Stakeholder & client management is important in this role
- Ability to manage other departments & 3rd party suppliers when required
- Exhibit ability to work under pressure, make difficult decisions & meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how Openreach operates with the communications industry
- Would benefit from having previous customer service or basic engineering experience
- Experience of inbound and outbound call and query handling
- Demonstrate understanding of Openreach Customer Service Procedures
- Good standard of customer service or engineering experience coupled with good written and verbal communication is beneficial
- Ability to own customer issues and escalations through to resolution whilst understanding Openreach regulatory and legal obligation
- Experience of delivery against target preferably in an office based or similar environment
- Awareness of Network and proven ability to learn technical information navigate multiple internal technical systems as required to support customer resolution
- Basic PC skills with a knowledge of packages and applications e.g. Excel, Word.
What you'll get in return
- Salary of £29,000
- 6-12-month contract with opportunity for permanency depending on success of the project and individual performance
- Bonus opportunity available if made permanent
- Belfast City Centre location accessible to local transport including bus and train
- Extensive training to support development and success of products and procedures and support before dealing with live customers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs