MCS Group are excited to be exclusively partnering with one of NI's best known utilities contractors who are rapidly expanding their Telecoms Division to bring to market a Programme Manager role. They have broken into the new market within the past number of years and are establishing a very strong presence in NI with a healthy pipeline of upcoming projects and the aim to break into GB with further expansion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of full fibre projects in NI ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of projects. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Enable the team to deliver on time and to budget through robust, high quality management process, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
- Support the operations/delivery team on scheduling of works.
- Establish, manage and report on project Highlights throughout the project lifecycle to the client management team.
- Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
- Provide accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to the Operations/ Construction Manager.
- Responsible for setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
- Support the Operations Manager in achieving success, with accurate assessment of project progress, advising on recovery from a project perspective.
- Working closely with Operations Manager to ensure accurate timely forecasting to effectively manage change to the delivery programme.
- Accountable for the transparent and accurate reporting of the overall status and performance of the city/project into the wider business.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Substantial experience managing major projects within the utilities sector, ideally within the Telecoms sector.
- A 3rd level degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience of Programme Management tools e.g. Primavera P6, MS Project.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating large project teams in demanding environments.
- Ability to monitor performance and intervene appropriately to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded.
- A good understanding of elements necessary to deliver effective supply chain management and support across the organisation.
Full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Timothy McNeill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 02896935527
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs