MCS Group is proud to be recruiting a Grounds Maintenance Supervisor for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive based in Belfast.
The Grounds Supervisor will report to the Grounds Manager and, as part of the Regional Grounds Maintenance team, is primarily responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient planned maintenance programme.
- Planned Maintenance and Grounds Rehabilitation responsibilities
- Detailing and co-ordinating the Works Orders for Tree Surgery
- Inspecting the progress and quality of the Contractors work on
- Liaising with District Management, District Maintenance and other bone fide groups to ensure quality service
- Identification of changes to areas in Executive ownership so that the Land Asset Register database and associated maps are kept
- Assessing and receiving handovers of Soft and Hard landscaping elements of New Build, Environmental Improvements, P.B.S., Grounds Rehabilitation and other schemes with a landscape content
- Attending meetings and court to give technical evidence on PLIC claims.
Maintenance, including attending meetings, site visits, discussions and briefing Housing Management on proposed projects.
The candidate must have:
- a degree in Landscaping or an equivalent relevant professional qualification plus 1 years post qualification experience
- a relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma plus 2 years post qualification
- IT skills essential for use of Grounds software package
Exceptionally, candidates who do not meet the qualification requirement, but who can demonstrate that they have 3 years relevant experience may also be considered.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs