MCS Group are excited to be exclusively partnering with one of NI's best known utilities contractors who are rapidly expanding their Telecoms Division to bring to market a Design / Planning Manager role. They have broken into the new market within the past number of years and are establishing a very strong presence in NI with a healthy pipeline of upcoming projects and the aim to break into GB with further expansion.
This is an entirely new role within the organisation and it is therefore giving the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to create and build their own Planning and Telecoms team.
The successful candidate will manage the fibre design and GIS team in all fibre design activities and provide support to the Network Build team on all aspects of fibre design and planning, duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the team to produce active network plans covering residential and business services, working to service and business forecasts and to the clients agreed technical architecture.
- Implement initial fundamental design of fibre passive optical networks using multiple systems and design tools.
- Implement end to end planning and design of FTTH networks.
- Manage all aspects of the design on the project.
- Design risk register and risk assessments.
- Outline design deliverables and design programmes.
- Manage all specialist design by subcontractors and suppliers and its integration into the overall design of the project.
- Manage design approval and sign off processes, checking and consent arrangements.
- Manage design control and monitoring system including document control and deliverables.
- Coordinate design workshop meetings with project design team and specialist supply chain.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience of Design Management in the Telecoms sector.
- Experience working with Fibre planning tools and software e.g. FibrePlanIT.
- Strong design experience and experience using design, survey and inventory applications e.g. ArcGIS, QCIS, AutoCAD etc.
- Knowledge of PIA Product and experience of planning using PIA is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Strong organisational and communication skills to effective prioritise workload and manage a team.
- Experience on both single stage tenders and preferred terms work procurement routes is desirable.
Whats On Offer?
This is an amazing opportunity to secure a role within a rapidly expanding Telecoms Division within one of NI's best known utilities contractors. This role offers candidates the opportunity to establish and build their own design team which could appeal to a candidate seeking that next step in their career. There is an extremely generous salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate including life assurance, car allowance, health cash plans and more.
Full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Timothy McNeill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 02896935527
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs