MCS Group is excited to continue their strong relationship with one of NI's largest public sector bodies, and one of the most sought after employers in NI, to bring to market a Construction Works Engineer to join their growing team.
You will provide planning and technical / quality assurance support, including site supervision, for railway construction projects to support delivery of the Renewals capital programme. You may also undertake the role of Supervisor on NEC3 contracts.
- Coordinate and plan project construction works interfaces including Weekly Operating Notice planning for works on the railway
- Represent project team at internal and external planning and other stakeholder meetings
- Review construction method proposals, methodologies and risk assessments
- Undertake frequent site visits to inspect and coordinate work sites for compliance to all requirements in the contract - quality, safety and environment
- Supervise construction works and undertake role of NEC3 contract Site Supervisor where required
- Prepare progress and quality reports including works impacting on schedule, quality, cost implications, H&S and identified risks and issues
- Escalate issues and risks to Project/Contract Manager including the impact of change and the evaluation of compensation events
- Advise Project Manager or Contract Manager of issues impacting on costs, technical, schedule or H&S and Environment
- Possess a Construction-related degree, or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in civil engineering construction
- Possess a minimum of an HND in Civil Engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in civil engineering
- Proven on site experience of construction works
- Knowledge of managing construction safety
- Able to lead project teams and manage internal and external stakeholders appropriately
- Experience in planning and managing construction works contracts
The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work a rota of weekends/nights and be on call.
Full details including industry leading salary and unrivalled benefits package will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs