Vacancy Reference - 16331
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary SPTO Architect to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday. The following duties will be required -
* Comment on routine Development Control planning consultations, Listed Building consent applications and contribute to responses to Area Plan consultations;
* Manage casework associated with listed buildings;
* Liaise with owners / agents / architects and promote best conservation practice;
* Prepare Schedules of Requirements;
* Ensure drawings / specifications comply with EHS Service Standards, within agreed timescales;
* Prepare comprehensive reports following initial, interim and final inspections, within agreed timescales;
* Sign Final Inspection Reports for grant purposes;
* Provide architectural input to work on monuments; and
* Any other duties required by line management.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Be on the live register of the Architects Registration Board (Arb) of the United Kingdom or be eligible to register with the ARB;
* Have at least 1 year's post registration experience in the practice of architecture.
* Be a registered architect;
* Possess at least five years postgraduate experience preferably in conservation related work including character appraisals and assessment of contribution of individual and groups of buildings to architectural and historic character;
* Demonstrate proven knowledge of conservation best practice and related architectural and townscape design issues;
* A qualification in architectural conservation and urban design would be beneficial;
* Demonstrate a knowledge of historic building repair techniques;
* Demonstrate a knowledge/experience of Conservation Plans for historic buildings; and
* Possess a full current driving licence and the use of a car for official purposes or have access to a form of transport, which will permit the architect to meet the requirements of the project in full.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.