Vacancy Reference - 17586
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Construction Health & Safety Advisor to be based in Belfast Subject to business need, the successful candidate may be required to work from other NIHE locations throughout the Province. This is a full time temporary ongoing role at a rate of £13.72, Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5:00pm. The following duties will be required -
* The Health & Safety Advisor (Construction) will be part of a team that delivers a comprehensive construction Health & Safety service providing advice, guidance and support to senior / line management and staff across the Northern Ireland Housing Executive
* Responsible to the Assistant Health & Safety Manager (Construction) for the delivery of a comprehensive construction Health & Safety service including the provision of professional advice, guidance and support to senior / line management and staff in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities.
* To fulfil the role of a Competent Person as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000 in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities within their specified region.
* To check, review and advise Project Managers as to the suitability of Principal Contractor's Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans, Site Waste Management Plans and supporting documentation to ensure they are sufficiently developed to permit the construction phase to start on site.
* Undertaking Health, Safety and Welfare Inspections of construction sites, produce reports to ensure organisational compliances with statutory requirements, issue appropriate Corrective Action Plans (CAP) / reports and to positively promote best practice and ensure continual improvement in respect of Health & Safety performance throughout the organisation.
* Stopping unsafe work, tasks, activities or processes where there is serious or imminent risk to the Health & Safety of staff, tenants, contractors, members of the public etc. until such time as the appropriate corrective actions can be implemented to enable the work to be carried out in a safe and proper manner and to prevent a reoccurrence of such conditions.
* To provide a regional focal point for construction related Health & Safety enquiries, internal / external contractor related accident / incident reporting and monitor, record and action such in accordance with NIHE procedures and carry out detailed accident / incident investigations as directed by the Regional Programme Delivery Manager including participating in a callout rota providing an immediate response to emergency situations e.g. serious incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences.
* To undertake such other relevant duties commensurate with the nature of the post as may from time to time be required.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A Degree or higher qualification in Occupational Safety & Health or a relevant professional qualification and 5 years relevant experience.
Candidates must also have:
* Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at Grad IOSH or above.
* A CSR Card - (other than site visitors).
* Candidates must also have a NEBOSH Construction Certificate or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment.
* Candidates must have access to a form of transport to enable the candidate to fulfil the requirements of the post.
* Candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience, for the number of years required depending on their level of qualification, in eight of the ten areas specified below:
* Experience in successful project management.
* Experience of facilitating and delivering Health & Safety training.
* Experience developing and implementing Health & Safety policies and procedures.
* Experience providing Health & Safety advice, guidance and support.
* Experience of Health & Safety Auditing.
* Experience facilitating organisational forums for the effective management, communication, consultation and dissemination of relevant H&S information.
* Experience in developing, facilitating and undertaking a range of Risk Assessments (RA).
* Experience in developing and facilitating written Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) / Method Statements (MS).
* Experience in facilities management, construction, building and maintenance operations.
* Experience in operating Health & Safety Software e.g. Incident Reporting Software / Databases, Chemical Management Systems (CMS) etc.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.