Your new company
Over the past 100+ years this building and civil engineering contractor have combined traditional values and experience with an advanced innovative approach. This contractor is well known for their high profile schemes such as £50+ million healthcare project. This reputable contractor are seeking an M&E Site Managers to oversee £Multi-million projects throughout UK and Ireland.
Your new role
- Liaise with the Lead BSM, PM and PQS on works not deemed to be included within the scope of works for the project.
- Issue permits for MEP and other various work activities, and close out accordingly.
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
- Undertake material/equipment orders, and liaise with the project quantity surveyor.
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements.
- Compile snagging lists and manage the process for closing out.
- Ensure as installed works align with the design intent and end user requirement.
- Undertake the role of temporary works coordinator (where applicable).
- Ensure labour only sub-contractors have been properly assessed for the tasks they are undertaken and that method statements and risk assessments are in place for them.
What you'll need to succeed
- CSCS / SMSTS qualified
- Valid driving licence
- Electrical and or Mechanical Trade Qualification
Extensive construction experience in one or more of the following:
- Commercial, retail, healthcare, education, refurbishment and/or new build projects
- Proven ability to manage and control subcontractors in line with the project programme, safety and environmental legislation.
- Experience of temporary works procedures
- Ability to operate within a team environment
- Ability to produce short term programmes
- Quality focussed
- Leadership skills
- IT skills
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role.
- First Aid at Work
- Knowledge of BG6 and RIBA Stages
- IOSH Managing Safety in Construction
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role which will allow you to gain experience working on high value builds with one of Northern Ireland's leading contractors. This contractor has been awarded multiple high profile projects recently and this trend looks set to continue into 2021/22.Often considered the 'employer of choice' within Northern Ireland, they are recognised for providing progression opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits packages to rival even the biggest players in the UK market. UK travel is essential for this post.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs