Your new company
Hays are working with a multi-national specialist property and infrastructure consultancy to recruit an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer who will be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across their Utilities/Water division. Whilst the position advertised is for an intermediate engineering role, there is scope for promotion to a principle level within the next 2-3 years subject to performance and availability.
Your new role
The successful applicant will join the water and M&E team and will be involved in a wide-ranging role which could include project management, design & design management, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys and energy efficiency strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
- BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years experience and ideally working towards chartered engineer status.
- Basic project management experience is key with knowledge and some experience of NEC 3 contracts
- Programme management experience and the software used (i.e. MS Projects)
- Some client facing experience
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary design team
- Technical acumen required ideally within the water/waste water sector.
What you'll get in return
This is a position within a highly regarded company, working in a friendly and flexible team environment, with the chance to display individual competencies, and promises excellent career opportunities on work of a varied and responsible nature. In return you will be offered a competitive salary, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs