Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a public-sector client based in Greater Belfast to recruit an Estates Officer on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 6 months with the opportunity for further extension.
Your new role
Working within the existing estates team the main duties of the role will involve:
- Carry out regular visits to properties in relation to day-to-day maintenance problems and planned maintenance programmes;
- Oversight of minor works projects to include refurbishments and disabled adaptations;
- Issuing work required to the contractors via the in-house estate management system;
- Monitoring the performance of contractors, ensuring work is completed within time and budget;
- Approving invoices once the work has been completed;
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this post you must possess a third-level qualification in an Estates related subject (e.g. Estates, Architectural, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Surveying or Construction).
Experience of overseeing minor works/planned maintenance projects;
Experience of supervising/monitoring the performance of contractors
Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages;
Ability to produce letters and reports using such.
What you'll get in return
This position offers an immediate start on an initial contract of 6 months with the possibility of further extension based in Greater Belfast. The salary banding for the role ranges between £26,000 and £30,000 per annum depending on the suitability of the candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs