Building Services Engineer (electrical) required by public body in Belfast on a temporary contract basis.
Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a Public-Sector body based in Belfast to recruit an Electrical Design Officer on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 3-6 months.
Your new role
Working within the existing team you will be involved with providing a full electrical design service in respect of maintenance and refurbishment work with the main duties including:
- Prepare drawings and specifications for electrical maintenance and refurbishment work to the client's properties, infrastructure and related equipment;
- Ensure that all electrical designs promote sustainable and renewable energy usage and to incorporate all relevant statutory provisions and industry standards;
- Carry out on-site inspections of the design during the construction phase and to assist in the management of the design change process;
- Prepare contractual documentation and to assist in the evaluation of tenders and quotations;
- Liaise with external consultants and contractors to co-ordinate and validate design work.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants should possess a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Building Services Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent along with a minimum of one year's relevant experience in a consulting electrical engineering environment. Candidates should be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge to support the provision of an electrical design service and an understanding of high-level health and safety risks.
What you'll get in return
The role offers an immediate start with a large Public-Sector organisation on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 3-6 months with a possibility for further extension. The salary for the position is £29,636 pro rata which will be paid via Hays on a weekly basis with mileage expenses reimbursed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs