Your new company
Hays have a requirement for a Building Fabric / M&E Surveyor (AutoCAD) with a large public sector organisation based at a Greater Belfast facility. This organisation has a large estate spanning several acres with a range of buildings varying in ages requiring a wide variety of engineering and building fabric maintenance services.
Your new role
This is a contract position with an anticipated duration of 5 months reporting to a Senior Estates Officer. You will be based at a large commercial / industrial facility in Greater Belfast working Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Duties for the position will include:
- Undertaking condition surveys, feasibility and cost reports to ensure assets are maintained to acceptable and appropriate standards.
- Consider and initiate design alternatives in consultation with other members of the Estates Team.
- Prepare CAD drawings and details in support of building and engineering development, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
- To develop, manage and maintain the CAD records and databases
- To assist in the compilation, revision and maintenance of the 'as built' records of the Estate including co-ordination and consolidation of the archive of Health & Safety Plans
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position you must be from a technical background i.e. Architectural Technologists, Architect, Building Surveyor or Building Services Engineer with a 3rd level qualification and a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar construction, maintenance or consultancy role.
Additionally, candidates with a relevant degree and 1 years relevant experience will also be considered.
You will have a full UK Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
What you'll get in return
The rate of pay ranges from £22,000 - £30,000 pro rata and the successful candidate will be paid in line with their experience and qualifications.
This position has the potential to extend beyond 5 months and offers the suitable candidate a competitive rate of pay along with the chance to gain experience with a professional estates team.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Paid Holidays. Weekly BACS payment. Online timesheet approval system.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs