Grafton Recruitment are proud to be assisting NIHE in their search for a fully qualified response / Maintenance Joiner.
To undertake the duties/responsibilities as a Joiner to the standards set out by the contract. To carry out the duties as a joiner in accordance with Statutory Regulations, Company polices and Procedures. To assist the Site Manager in producing a quality product within the contract period. Understand, implement and adhere to Keepmoat SHEQ requirements.
Essential - Level 2 or above joinery/carpentry, potential for position to go temp to perm
- To undertake all elements of 1st and 2nd fix joinery, and where required undertake roof carcassing work
- To attend all relevant training courses, including all health and safety courses arranged by the employer
- To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the employer any shortcomings and defects in the management systems and protective measures
- To use protective equipment, substances and tools/equipment in accordance with instructions and training given
- Assist with the adherence to the Company quality standards including:
- Compliance with specification
- Compliance with materials / workmanship schedules
- Maintain and care for all company tools
- To use appropriate safety equipment
- To wear appropriate clothing / uniform
- To ensure areas of work are left clean, tidy and safe at all times
- To be responsible for and take due care of the company van in accordance with the company car policy
- Liaison with the client, consultants, contract administrator, head office etc
- Be responsible for your own safety and all other around you
- Make every effort to attend mandatory courses relevant to your role
- Material co-ordination
- Ensure accurate / timely completion of any relevant site based documentation
- To oversee/assist in the training of apprentices as required
- Any other reasonable management request
- Previous joinery experience
- Understanding of local government
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
Skills / Knowledge
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Current and Valid Full & Clean UK driving licence
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office
You must be
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Well presented
For further information please contact Graham on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Experience: 0 yrs