Are you a Construction Planner with infrastructure experience?
Never thought you would get the opportunity to work on a large infrastructure project here in NI?
We are seeking to appoint a Construction Planner to join an already existing team. If you are a Construction Planner that is ambitious and driven to succeed, then keep reading.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of the largest and most complex construction projects ever undertaken in NI. The Construction Planner will develop and maintain the strategic programme and manages the coordination of programmes at project level, assuring alignment and integration. Responsible for managing and maintaining a standard framework that ensures consistency in schedule definition and development and delivers integrated strategic and sub programme plans to support the client’s Programme.
As Construction Planner you will
- To assist in the development, delivery and management of planning and scheduling processes, procedures and necessary protocols in implementing good practice planning and scheduling.
- To be responsible for the planning and scheduling activities in support of the development and delivery of the clients Programme.
- To develop the process and framework that is used to define, maintain, report and control schedules at all levels of the Infrastructure Programme.
- Identify interfaces, promote and monitor milestone definition sheets, establish baselines, code and resource schedules
- Ensure consistent application, effective and timely delivery of time management across the Infrastructure Programme
- Work with Programme Managers and Project Planners in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding, resource loading, logically linking and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress on schedules.
- Work with Cost Managers to integrate time and cost.
- Work with Risk Managers and project teams to identify and drive down risk to agreed plans, ensuring that potential conflicts are understood and make sound proposals to mitigate each risk.
- Work with the Change Manager to provide constructive but determined challenge to schedule change e.g. challenge schedule assumptions and logic.
- Lead and motivate a team of Project Planners, ensure they have the required core competencies in the use of planning techniques, understanding and training in clearly defined project processes, that there is effective communication and planning co-ordination between the team and the Strategic Programme.
- Provide expert input at planning workshops and represent time issues at programme level.
- Provide presentations, coaching and facilitation in the use of Artemis and Primavera software
- Apply critical path analysis and assess the impact of change on critical and non-critical activities
- Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines
- Produce RAG status reports based against time
- Provide guidance and undertake earned value analysis to trend performance, predict future outcomes and give early warnings to Programme Managers on potential savings and/or early completions and the converse, potential overspend and/or delays
- Develop and support process, procedures and workflows to automate activities and develop best practices and continuous improvement
What you need
- Engineering based degree or similar. Working towards a recognised qualification in Project Controls (NVQ level 3).
- In-depth and broad understanding of project controls as applied in major construction environments, coupled with extensive expertise in the development/maintenance of project and programme baselines principally within a Primavera P6 toolset and their utilisation in generating earned value based management information.
- Broad experience operating within a complex project controls environment. Experience of complex construction projects within operational airport environments would be beneficial.
- Proactively captures and reviews lessons learnt and shares them with Team Leader (Manager) as appropriate. Supports changes to procedures to build best practice.
- Shares knowledge developed with Team Leader (Manager) and reviews relevance for capture. Develops own professional capability
- Understands the drive to make Clients personally successful on each project and how this is enabled.
- A strong understanding of common programme and project processes and procedures including planning, scheduling, EVM, Reporting, design development & implementation change control
- Experienced in planning/scheduling role in construction and or buildings capacity interfaces
Our client will offer a fantastic working environment where you will be encouraged to forge out a successful career.
In addition, they will offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Donard Recruitment on 02890996195
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.