37 hours per week
Salary £18,360 - £21,420
Job Ref: MA/4970/1118
Choice, one of the leading providers of affordable Housing in Northern Ireland, is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Assistant to provide day to day repairs and carry out building inspections in the Castlereagh and Lisburn areas, and provide relief cover in other areas including Armagh/Banbridge/Craigavon.
- The appointee will possess a full, valid and clean driving licence.
- Preference will be shown to persons who can demonstrate 2 years’ experience of working in a response maintenance environment including a good working knowledge of joinery and general building repairs, electrical, plumbing etc, to residential and occupied properties and can show previous experience in this field
- The appointee must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with the Association’s client group.
- The appointee must be able to demonstrate basic IT skills including use of email and completion of electronic forms.
- Recognised qualifications that can confirm the appointee’s knowledge of issues such as Construction standards, Health & Safety Training, and other relevant training.
- Experience of record keeping to assist in maintaining log books, completion of inspection reports and general report writing required to fulfil this role.
- Experience of working within a team to provide a quality service.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 19th November 2018
For further details and an application pack, please CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON
Or alternatively telephone: 028 9044 1301 quoting the job reference number
Please note, the Association reserves the right to create a reserve list following the interview process.
NB: The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post.
“Choice Housing Ireland Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer”.