Building Services Engineer
Choice is seeking to appoint a Building Services Engineer (Mechanical) to work within our Energy Management Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with colleagues across the organisation in relation to new housing developments and improvements to our existing homes, to include domestic and communal heating systems, renewable technologies, heating controls and ventilation systems.
This exciting new position is intended to improve customer service, deliver enhanced value for money and reduce the environmental impact of the Association. We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual who has proven practical experience of a range of mechanical systems.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field such as building services, mechanical or electrical engineering AND 3 year’s relevant supervisory experience OR An HND qualification in a relevant field, AND 5 year’s relevant supervisory experience.
- A demonstrable engineering knowledge of Mechanical Services sufficient to advise others in the installation, maintenance, and operation of services.
- Ability to diagnose building defects and interpret M&E drawings, including domestic heating systems
- Able to work on own initiative and demonstrate a proactive attitude.
- Further relevant qualifications or training, Domestic On Construction Energy Assessor (SAP) ABBE Level 3 Domestic Energy Assessment or equivalent. GAS Safe Registered. Domestic Ventilation System (BPEC) Training.
- Supervisory experience of management of domestic and commercial buildings, over a multi-site portfolio
Benefits include: flexible working hours and contributory pension.
Further details and application packs are available by CLICKING APPLY or alternatively telephone: 028 9044 1301 quoting the job reference number
Completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon, Friday 7th June 2019.
NB: The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post
“Choice Housing Ireland Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer”.