Are you an experienced creative with strong management skills?
Would you like to work for a global brand and are happy to work an evening shift?
Have you strong technical skills including Adobe Creative Suite?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a global company based in the heart of Belfast. This is an evening shift, Monday to Friday, with a competitive remuneration package. If interested please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.comRole Purpose
To line manage a team of designers and ensure high quality production of design, brand and graphics solutions in accordance with the needs of the firm.
To produce marketing leading designer and be a subject matter expert in the field, for both team members and clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- To carry out line management of the team, holding regular team meetings and individual feedback meetings with team members, managing absence within the team, managing and reviewing staff training and development including the training plans and PDPs and carrying out the review of objectives.
- To monitor and ensure the high performance of team members carrying out performance reviews, and being responsible for instigating or carrying out formal management procedures.
- To participate in discussions on process and way of working improvement
- To organise appropriate resourcing including for vacancies, absences and training at all times liaising with other Supervisors and HR if necessary
- To manage the handling of complaints, and recommend appropriate solutions or escalate if necessary
- To maintain a high level of service which matches and exceeds client's expectations liaising with the design manager, team leads from other Creative Services shift patterns, the workflow coordinator, clients and third party suppliers to facilitate an efficient and timely delivery of work for Creative Services.
- To understand client briefs and actively contribute to the brainstorming and idea conceptualization process.
- To produce high quality design, brand and graphics solutions in accordance with the needs of the firm.
- To provide ongoing communication with the team to help manage concepts and deliver milestone objectives ensuring suitable communication updates to relevant project teams, clients or the Design Manager
- To provide guidance, reference and direction to team members.
- At ease making senior client presentations
- To deputise for the Design Manager, and to act as a representative of the department as and when necessary
- Work with the Design manager to ensure the quality of individual work within a project and that of the design team as required
- Work with the Design manager on quality checking ensuring the team are producing work of a high level
- To ensure that all procedures and working practices are followed
- Corporate experience of working in a busy design team or similar environment
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent relationship skills
- Advanced technical skills - excellent understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Committed to personal development
- Ability to solve problems and make sound recommendations / solutions.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task, delegate effectively and manage deadlines.
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the needs of the business and the ability to proactively suggest how these should be met
- Able to communicate and share ideas at all levels.
- Motivated, proactive, flexible and deadline driven.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Experience: 0 yrs