Title: Training Officer (ESF STRIDE Project)
Location: Based at our Belfast or Ballymena offices, but with travel across N Ireland
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Responsible to: Training Manager (ESF STRIDE Project)
Objectives: To effectively design, develop and deliver employability courses to project participants to further their progress towards employment
Job Ref: 2018/ESF/TO
- To be responsible for the design and delivery of employability training to ESF project participants across Northern Ireland
- To be responsible for the on-going development of schemes of work, lesson plans and evaluative processes to fulfil the requirements of the project
- To maintain a high standard of training and assessment and ensure performance targets are achieved on schedule
- To work alongside the Training Manager to monitor training performance.
- To assist participants with job search and interview preparation activities
- To complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
- To work with Employment Services Officers to actively recruit for the course to ensure training targets are achieved
- To liaise with Awarding Bodies and oversee the verification of qualifications
- To act as Internal Verifier where appropriate
- To apply all training processes in line with European Social Fund and internal guidelines
- To keep up to date and accurate records of all training delivered
- To produce data and reports for use by the project management
- To perform any other duties as required by the line manager and that are commensurate with the grade of the post
- An appropriate level 3 qualification or above
- A level 2 qualification or above in English and Maths (Literacy and Numeracy)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience, gained within the last 3 years of delivering employability training to unemployed or economically inactive learners.
- An understanding of Awarding Body administration processes
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Computer Literate, in particular Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Driving Licence and access to a car (if the effects of a disability preclude an individual from holding a driving licence then they should indicate how they could meet the mobility requirements of the post).
- Experience of delivering other vocational subjects
- A recognised teaching qualification
- Knowledge of the needs of people with a disability or people with health conditions within an employment setting.
Terms and Benefits
- Salary: £22,107 – £24,882
- Holidays: 27 days Annual Leave and 10 days Statutory Leave
- Hours of Work: Mon to Thus 8.15 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. and Fri 8.15 –12.15 p.m.
- Pension: Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (after a qualifying period)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free and confidential Employee Support through Inspire Workplaces
- NICSSA provides access to discounted health and wellbeing initiatives such as gym memberships
- Benenden provides employees with the option to health insurance for both them and their families
- Access to Financial Well-Being via a social enterprise partner
- Employers for Childcare voucher scheme
- Travel Expenses: Business travel is reimbursed at a rate of 45p per mile
- USEL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.