A key position has arisen at Ulster Supported Employment Ltd, the largest supporter of people with disabilities into open employment within Northern Ireland.
With the rapid growth of our business we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our exciting and growing business to be based at our Head Office in Belfast.
The Employment Services Officer will be responsible for securing employment for people with disabilities and health related conditions and ensuring contractual obligations and job outcome targets are met and exceeded.
Title: Employment Services Officer
Location: USEL (Ulster Supported Employment Ltd) 182-188 Cambrai Street, Belfast BT13 3JH
Responsible to: Employability Manager
To promote USEL’s portfolio of training and employment programmes within a designated geographical area. To provide quality support, guidance and training to service users in areas of employability, personal and professional development.
• To contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of employment and training programmes.
• To develop comprehensive knowledge of USEL’s project/programme portfolio and adhere to associated guidance and quality frameworks in the delivery of each project/programme.
• To effectively participate as a team member to ensure the successful delivery of employment and training related programmes to eligible participants within an agreed geographic spread.
• To ensure that services are delivered to all stakeholders on schedule and to a high quality standard.
• To provide a professional and quality-based assessment of both participant and employer needs and offer impartial information, advice and guidance on all aspects of work related issues within programme parameters.
• To signpost participant to external services to assist them with non-employment related matters
• To deliver on agreed personal vocational action and development plans for clients to enhance opportunities of obtaining paid employment
• To generate employment and work experience opportunities and match participant and employer needs.
• To deliver accredited and non-accredited training to programme participants.
• To assist participants with job search activities
• To promote USEL services to employers, participants and referral agencies and assist with associated outreach activities.
• To actively participate in the recruitment of participants and employers
• To ensure that relevant administration standards and requirements are adhered to for each project/programme.
• To ensure that associated Management Information Systems are maintained to ensure up-to-date and accurate information.
1. Minimum of 1 year of experience, gained within the last 3 years of working with unemployed people in an advisory and supportive role.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience, gained within the last 3 years of delivering employment and training programmes
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience, gained within the last 3 years of vacancy sourcing
4. Excellent communication and organisational skills.
5. Computer Literate, in particular Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook etc.)
6. Driving Licence and access to a car (if the effects of a disability preclude an individual from holding a driving licence then they should indicate how they could meet the mobility requirements of the post).
1. Advice & Guidance Level 2 qualification and/or Certificate in Mentoring.
2. Knowledge of the needs of people with a disability or people with health conditions within an employment setting.
USEL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
Terms & Conditions:
Salary: £21,254 – 24,639 (currently under review)
Holidays: 27 days Annual Leave and 10 days Statutory Leave
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8.15 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. and Friday 8.15 –12.15 p.m.
Pension: Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
Travel Expenses: Business travel is reimbursed at a rate of 50p per mile
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Wednesday 31 August 2016.
To apply for this role please download application pack from our website VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON