GP Federation Support Unit- Head of Corporate Affairs (Belfast)
MCS Group are looking for a Head of Corporate Affairs to join the Northern Ireland GP Federation Support Unit.
About the GP Federation Support Unit:
GP Federations have been established by GP's across Northern Ireland as a clinically led Not-For-Profit Community Interest Company to support General Practice and facilitate the transformation of health and social care in a primary care setting. These Federations were established to provide services which would not otherwise be delivered at individual practice level.
Federation Support Units (FSU) have been designed to provide Federation members with support, advice and expertise in the design and delivery of service provision. The core purpose of the Eastern FSU is to ensure that clinicians are free to focus on ensuring that they provide the best clinical outcomes for their patients, while improving the quality of care that they receive. Eastern FSU functions include central management expertise, planning, accounting, communication, corporate governance, human resources, and the delivery of a range of services of behalf of Federations.
The Head of Corporate Affairs will be a key part of the Federation Support Unit leadership team and will have responsibility for managing all financial and corporate affairs of the Federation Support Unit and the 8 Federations in the Eastern area.
This person will take a lead in developing the FSU's range of services for member Federations and be responsible for ensuring appropriate governance and reporting systems are in place to facilitate the rapid growth of the organisation. The postholder will be accountable for all FSU operations and will be required to report regularly to the FSU Board on complex matters, reporting at a senior level to external agencies such as the Health and Social Care Board and Department of Health. The postholder will be required to deputise for the Chief Executive as required.
The postholder will lead and be supported by the Corporate Affairs Team comprising Regional Communications & Events Manger, Senior HR Advisor and Finance Officer and will meet regularly with each of the 8 Federation Operations Managers.
The key areas of responsibility will be within the framework of strategic and operational leadership with a focus on:
- Corporate planning and strategic management
- Human Resources
- Communication and Events
- Procurement and contract management
- Risk management and audit assurance
- Information Governance
- People management and development
- Have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification AND demonstrate at least 3 years' experience providing direct financial advice to senior professional management to inform financial and business decision making OR Demonstrate at least 5 years' experience providing direct financial advice to senior professional management to inform financial and business decision making
- Proven experience of leading and managing staff
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of successfully providing strategic leadership and direction in at least 3 of the following areas
- Human Resources
- Service Management
- Risk Management and Audit Assurance
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Information Governance
- Communication & Events
- Audit & Compliance
- Business Case & Economic Appraisal
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing systems of financial control
- Experience of leading the design, negotiation, and implementation of new services
- Experience of successfully leading corporate/business planning within a large organisation
- The successful candidate must hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK) and have access to a car or access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full at the closing date. The postholder may be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland and, on occasions, within the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and elsewhere
- Experience of senior management within the Health and Social Care Sector
Essential Skill and Abilities
- Ability to represent FSU/Federations to external agencies such as the Health & Social Care Board, Department of Health and other bodies as required to advance organisational objectives
- Well-developed analytical skills and proven ability of setting and achieving strategic objectives through performance management and evaluating and achieving service quality
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams in a growing organisation
- Ability to interpret and present complex financial data and other information to non-financial managers and board members
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with ability to communicate articulately with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent renumeration package + extensive benefits
- Excellent pension
- Flexible working options
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Harvest McWhirter, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96935525
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs