Parental Engagement Outreach Officer
Your new company
A charitable organisation based in Belfast.
Your new role
You will work as part of the Parental Engagement Campaign team to:
- Seek to actively engage with communities in identifying and understanding the education issues which affect their local area, encouraging empowerment and active participation in the change process
- In line with the the communications strategy, produce materials and provide support for the parental engagement campaign and other initiatives using traditional PR and communication methods, as well as social media platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, with a particular focus on parental engagement. This role will also include engaging with elected representatives, project partners, parents and community groups, as appropriate
- Present updates and information on the parental engagement campaign to a range of stakeholders and represent at conferences and events
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post
You will be office based but will spend a good deal of your time out and about in the various communities you are working with, visiting local people and groups, and attending meetings. Travel within any working day, as well as evening and weekend hours are to be expected; absence from home overnight is likely to be rare but may be required on occasion.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have a proven interest in community and social issues, and at least two years' experience of encouraging empowerment and active participation in the change process, working full-time (or part-time equivalent) in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of organising at least two events in the last year for 20+ people e.g. focus groups, meetings, conferences, seminars, annual general meetings, consultation events
- At least two years' experience, working full-time (or part-time equivalent), of carrying out effective written and oral communication with a range of stakeholders including writing reports and interpreting and presenting data (verbally and using Powerpoint) to audiences of 10+ on at least two occasions
- Experience of implementing a communications strategy using traditional PR methods, as well as social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter including developing web and social media content
- GCSE English Language and Maths, Grade C or above, or equivalent
- Two A-Levels, or equivalent
- An essential aspect of this post will be attending meetings and events outside normal business hours - the post holder must therefore have the ability and willingness to maintain flexibility in their working hours and be prepared to work occasionally during the weekend and in the evenings
- A full driving licence and access to private transport for work purposes, with appropriate insurance, or access to another form of transport, with appropriate insurance, that would allow the post holder to meet the travel requirements of the post in full
- A relevant third level qualification Or More than two years' experience of encouraging empowerment and active participation in the change process, working full-time (or part-time equivalent) in one or more of the following areas:
- Understanding of the range of education issues facing communities and awareness of the needs of different groups of people in the community regarding these issues
- Proven facilitation, mediation and community engagement skills including a relevant recognised/accredited qualification
- Experience of working within the field of either formal or informal education
What you'll get in return
£22,183 - £24,491 pa, depending on experience.
5% pension contribution from employer
35 hrs per week, normally within the period 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. Full-time,
Temporary up to 31 July 2022.
Time off in lieu (TOIL) is given for any agreed additional hours worked.
20 days annual leave plus 15 days customary holidays per annum.
Travel costs Closing date 26th July 2pm with interview anticipated 4th Aug.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs