Dementia Adviser (Telephone)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,363 - £21,603 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Working Hours: 35 per week - Includes regular evening and weekend working as part of a rota.
Closing Date: 06 August 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 9 August 2021
We are the UK's leading dementia charity. Every day, we work tirelessly to find new treatments and, ultimately, a cure for dementia. We provide expert information, training, and support services to all those who need our help. And we are creating a more dementia-friendly society so people with the condition can live without fear and prejudice.
About the role
- Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Connect service provides high quality tailored information and support to anyone affected by dementia in the way they need it, when they need it:
- A specialist telephone based information and navigation service
- Community based services offering an increased level of support for more complex cases
- Self-management - our online community (Talking Point) and online service directory are always available 24/7
- Keeping in Touch Calls - a way of keeping in contact with service users as their journey with dementia progresses
This role is an Adviser working in our telephone based service. You will be the first point of contact via phone, letter, email or social media, for people affected by dementia. You will assess their needs and identifying desired outcomes, providing excellent support in the moment as well as referrals and signposting to ongoing support where needed.
As a Dementia Adviser (Telephone) you will provide a highly responsive, individualised information and signposting service to people with a diagnosis of dementia as the first priority for the service and provide an extended information and signposting service to immediate carers, families and friends of the people who are referred to the service. You will have knowledge of working alongside volunteers and have an understanding of the valuable contribution volunteers bring to services whilst championing their inclusion in all that we deliver.
For a full job description, person specification and to apply, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB