MCS Group are delighted to be partnering with a leading insurance broker to recruit a Risk Management Consultant for their growing Belfast based team.
The purpose of the role will be to advise clients/prospects on potential risks to their organisation in relation to employees, customers, reputation, assets, interests of stakeholders and in respect of any other areas within the risk management field. This will also include planning, the design and implementation of an overall risk management solution, as well as advising clients on relevant Health and Safety legislation's and reviewing their compliance needs.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management solution for our clients/prospects.
- To dovetail activities with insurance broking colleagues as part of a rounded product/service offering.
- Build and develop long-term relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- To identify and assess threats, and make recommendations on how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks.
- Risk assessments, which involve analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organisation's previous handling of risks.
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept.
- Risk reporting and presentation in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Continued professional development to stay abreast of developments within the risk management arena (including legislative developments).
- To achieve agreed targets/goals set by the Company in relation to future revenue growth.
- NEBOSH Certificate & an up to date knowledge of Health and Safety legislations.
- Minimum of 3 year's experience within a health and safety role either as a consultant or within industry.
- Comprehensive risk management knowledge.
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft office, Word and Excel systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of media.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated and result focused.
- An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Desirable - NEBOSH Diploma & Insurance experience
- Salary (negotiable depending on qualifications and experience).
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 20 days annual leave plus 11 statutory days.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 02896935514 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
Experience: 0 yrs