MCS Group are delighted to be recruiting a Graduate Pricing Analyst for a leading Insurance company in Co. Antrim.
Due to continued growth this is a great time to be joining the business and developing your skill set in a very interesting space in which you're involved in adding value. This role will suit a graduate with 1 years' experience in within a similar role looking to kick start their career.
You will place a price on insurance risks by fitting statistical models to historical data, to predict the underlying claim costs associated with a new insurance policy. Historical data is enriched with a host of external factors in order to complement the risk assessment of each policy, and consequently to price more accurately and competitively.
As well as the techniques used to price potential new business, a range of statistical methodologies are used to monitor the ongoing development of existing business to ensure our client remains competitive in the market.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in the production of new product pricing models
- Assist in ensuring all pricing models for household insurance are robust and well documented
- Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality
- Develop solutions using a sound statistical approach to both new and routine pricing problems.
- Assist in ongoing monitoring of pricing models
- Assist in the development, analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Understand and communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences explaining key results and assumptions
- Use of key pricing software packages to maintain profitability of household book
- Maintaining Financial Conduct Authority compliance at all times.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
Key Requirements for this role are as follows:
- 1st / 2:1 graduate in either Economics, Mathematics, Accounting or Actuary
- Maths background - A level or above
- 1 years' similar experience with use in Excel
- Possess a strong analytic mind set
- Active team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Placement year desirable
- Market leading graduate salary
- Pension Plan
- Exam support (pay increases upon completion)
- Continuous training and development
- Promotion opportunities
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
Experience: 0 yrs