Danske Bank are one of the leading bank in Northern Ireland, paving the way in banking for customers, colleagues, partners and society.
Trade Finance Specialist
Your role will be to administer and process Trade Finance transactions and work closely with the respective business customers and business managers
- Day to day duties:
- Administer and process Trade Finance products accurately and efficiently for business customers. This includes:
- Export/Import Letters of Credit - examining/checking documentation, processing and authorising up to agreed limit
- Export/Import Collections - processing and authorising up to agreed limits
- International and Domestic Guarantees - examination of wording and authorising up to agreed limit
- SWIFT payment transactions
- Ensure the processing of Trade Finance transactions are compliant with Legal, regulatory and voluntary code obligations and all Bank standard policies, processes and procedures, enabling a high quality, professional and compliant service to our customers.
- Adhere strictly to all Anti Money Laundering (AML) controls
- Develop and enhance relationships with Trade Finance business customers (telephone and face to face)
- Good collaboration with colleagues in Trade Finance and other business areas in order to support the continuous development of the business
- Liaise and develop collaborative working relationships with internal customers ensuring that instructions and queries are actioned efficiently and effectively in order to maximise service.
- Compile statistical data on Trade Finance activity, volumes, income for use in the analysis of operational performance against service level agreements.
- Proven ability in processing Trade Finance products ie Letters of Credit and Documentary Collections
- Good knowledge of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) rules for Trade products
- Experience of delivering a high quality customer service
- Excellent PC skills - particularly competent use of MS including Word and Excel
- Experience in issuance of Bank Guarantees Key Competencies
- Ability to produce a high output of accurate work with attention to detail
- Ability to analyse information and make effective decisions
- Confident manner displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary & Benefits
- £22,748 - £35,545 dependent upon previous experience
- Company pension contribution
- Life Cover & Private Health Care plan
- Perks card offering discount on everything from coffee to motoring *
- 27 days' holiday
- Paid Bank Holidays' (based on number of full months worked)
If you would like to hear more information about this role please contact Dearbhla Kilpatrick on 02896207050
Experience: 0 yrs