Data Analyst, Root Cause Analysis
Our Client, a leading financial services provider is seeking a Data Analyst in Root Cause Analysis. This is a potential six month contract based in Belfast.
In Data & Analytics, the responsibility of the team is to help the organisation to make better use of data for business decisions, operations and the driving of customer interactions. The team is unique in the financial services industry in that it has end-to-end responsibility for data across the organisation and includes multi-channel customer contact, analytics and data-related technology and change delivery. The team is also responsible for the strategic change programme for data across all customer franchises.
If you're a talented Data Analyst this is a fantastic opportunity to join a cutting-edge Data & Analytics team. As Data Analyst you will:
- Deliver high quality, clear and accurate current state management information within agreed timescales.
- Input into quality business solutions, including analysis solutions.
- Typically work independently on small single or multiple projects or small components (workstreams) of larger projects that are multi-discipline
- Identify and Investigate Data Quality issues to root
A typical day may include:
- The role involves working with many different teams and stakeholders. You'll be supporting the delivery of a crucial data project or projects, which will be simplifying and integrating the way data is used to meet varied business needs.
- Working as part of a project team tackling key data issues impacting any part of the organisation
- You could work with colleagues in any function or franchise as you play an integral role in one or more projects
- You'll retrieve, interrogate and analyse data based on the requirements of the project
- You'll identify root causes of issues based on data mining and analysis
- You'll Identify quick wins
- You'll support remediation planning
What you'll bring
- To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Experience in utilising SQL for analytical investigations, report review and creation
- Experience in a business change environment (preferred)
- Good understanding of business analysis/project management methodology and it's practical application
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience in a financial services/banking environment (preferred)
- Ideally you will have knowledge/experience of utlising SAS
You'll need to combine this with the ability to:
- Matrix manage data suppliers and stakeholders both on and offshore
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong desire to make positive change in the organisation
You'll also need:
- Deep understanding of data quality and data governance
- Good understanding of Customer and UK Credit Bureaux data.
Excellent MS Office skills, ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio and MS Project to a high level.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Paula McClymont on 028 90 322022 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs