Business Analyst, Root Cause Analysis
Working in a leading Bank you will undertake root cause analysis into data quality issues, identifying solutions to ensure data is of high quality and fit for purpose in order that:-
- Customers are served well
- Regulatory obligations are met
- The business is run efficiently and effectively.
This role is highly challenging due to the mix of specialist content, the need to introduce new and challenging concepts into the Bank and the required engagement with Stakeholders across the Bank.
What you'll do
The role involves working with many different teams across Data & Analytics and stakeholders across the Bank's functions and franchises. Your typical day may include:
- Undertake a variety of business analysis activities to support project delivery.
- Understand the problem statement and create the Terms of Reference for the project.
- Undertake analysis and identify the root cause of the problem with consideration of key data elements, golden sources of data, business outcomes, processes and systems.
- Summarise and present analysis output, providing options and recommendations where appropriate
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose and deliver against business and programme requirements, adhering to controls set out in the Data Management policy.
- Identify opportunities and quick wins applicable across the Bank to maximize income generation / budget efficiency.
Requirements and Design
Work with the programme team and business users to:
- Facilitate the collation and documentation of business requirements.
- Ensure requirements are clearly understood and articulated.
- Work with delivery teams to resolve any issues/questions with regards to business requirements.
- Support any relevant change control processes to ensure requirements and scope are clearly governed.
- Ability to manage a matrix of senior stakeholders and business partners, in particular Data Quality champions in each function and franchise, SMEs and peer group.
- Articulate problems to wider stakeholder group for participation and buy-in.
- Set-up / Participate in project working groups.
- Manage the sign off of project documentation including Terms of Reference, Root cause findings and recommendations.
- Work with business users to define and document business processes, clearly articulating current state and future states, embedding data quality & management controls into future state processes along the path of data lineage from golden source to end reporting, to prevent data quality issues reoccurring.
To succeed in this role you will need:
Previous Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a business change environment.
- Specific knowledge of Data Quality / Data management controls, processes and issues.
- Good understanding of business analysis/project management methodology and it's practical application, preferably supported by a formal qualification.
- Experience in a financial services/banking environment preferable.
- Experience in Data Analysis (preferred).
You'll need to combine this with:
- Self starter with a desire to achieve excellence in all aspects of the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to converse with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills, planning and executing work/deliverables in an organised and timely fashion.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative to deliver optimum business solutions.
- Ability to present to others in a clear and articulate manner.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed.
- Ability to manage own workload by prioritising activities, balancing conflicting demands and working on own initiative.
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Team player with the ability to motivate and support others within the team.
- Ability to interact confidently at all levels and challenge effectively and constructively where appropriate.
- Proactive in terms of resolving issues and escalating where appropriate in a timely fashion.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities.
You'll also need:
- Excellent MS Office skills, ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, MS Project.
- Experience in business process redesign and operating model definition (preferred).
- Experience in defining and documenting business requirements.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Paula McClymont on 028 90 322022 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs