Senior Project Manager (PMO)
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager for our high profile local customer.
They are seeking an outstanding cross-functional leader to join their rapidly expanding PMO Services team. Responsible for providing governance, monitoring, assurance and standardisation support for programmes with their global clients, they are looking for an experienced senior programme and portfolio manager. Someone who has experience of leading a PMO function/ Delivery Programme; an influencer and organiser who thrives in a fast paced environment of complexity; is excellent at connecting strategy to execution and can provide high quality solutions to ensure delivery excellence.
· Develop robust and trusting relationships across all lines of service and our external client base
· Create best practice; up to date PMO Services collateral and case studies to support growth
· Utilise appropriate and repeatable technology solutions to support high quality, efficient outcomes
· Delivery through standard PM methodologies and processes (e.g. for planning, reporting) and help drive adoption throughout the organisation
· Champion and ensure adherence to quality management principles throughout all services provided
· Provide management and strategic direction and shares responsibility for the programme delivery
· Through strong PMO delivery ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget
· Manage risk exposure across multiple projects through the identification and management of key project risks to ensure the delivery of business goals
· Support the project to set up clear business / scope requirements, and ensure delivery of these, communicating progress through the agreed reporting routes and managing changes through the agreed, fit for purpose governance processes.
- Significant experience of successfully managing a range of complex, high value, transformation projects and programmes from project start up through to project closure.
- Experience of dealing with senior clients and stakeholders
- Exceptionally strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines, managing and directing a team with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Process improvement experience working on large scale programmes,
- Profound understanding and application of Microsoft Suite
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment
- Previous experience of working in an Technology enabled change environment
- Previous experience working within a Financial Services environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, Six Sigma, Lean
- Functional Skills
- Ability to communicate and escalate key issues in a timely manner
- Business / commercial acumen
- Customer relationship management
- Decision making
- Financial management
- Problem / Solution management
- Program / project management
- Project / portfolio management tools - Project / BVP/ CBA / PPM
- Risk Management
- SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
- Understanding of future technologies