Project Manager (PMO)
We are currently looking for a Project Manager (PMO) for our high profile local customer.
The role involves the management, planning and execution of large, complex, and strategically significant client programmes, understanding the strategy, and designing and planning of initiatives to shape their execution. The individual will mobilise and lead cross-functional teams through to execution and implementation, whilst driving and maintaining senior leadership and client engagement
- Develop strong relationships across all lines of service and our external client base
- Identify and adopt relevant technology solutions to support high quality, efficient outcomes
- Ensure successful programme delivery through the use of our standard PM methodologies and processes
- Work with our internal and external client to build and delivery successful programmes
- Be responsible for adherence to quality management principles throughout all services provided for yourself and your team
- Manage risk exposure across multiple projects through the identification and management of key project risks to ensure the delivery of business goals
- Lead and provide support and coaching to the wider PMO Services team either as part of a programme or through our management structure
Requirements of the role
- Strong communicator and influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organisation, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team within a professional management role
- Strong business and commercial acumen and ability to build an understanding of the business, to develop a deep understanding of business needs, to build and shape delivery plans.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior stakeholders. Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo.
- Proven strength in positions of leadership with the ability to mobilise, inspire, and lead teams.
- Demonstrated experience designing and leading strategic planning. Able to engage not just on the how, but also the why.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated experience in a project and business environment
- Expert knowledge of programme and project management. Knows the tools (eg., change management, dependency management, risk management, strong communication) and when to use them, when not to use them, and when it’s time to create new ones.
- 4+ years’ experience in PMO/Project management and/or management consulting role.
Additional preferred skills
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment, a banking, technology or manufacturing environment or IT enabled change environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as PRINCE2, Six Sigma, Lean