Compliance Officer - 12-month FTC
Abacus are keen to recruit a Compliance Officer on behalf of a leading building society to be based from their Belfast office. You will be joining a company that has a proud reputation for customer service excellence and strong visions to be the number one provider within the Northern Ireland market.
Reporting to the Head of Conduct & Compliance, the successful candidate will assist in maintaining FCA regulatory compliance with interpretation and implementation of FCA compliance requirements/rules and will provide advice and support to branches and Head Office departments.
- Review and interpret updates from the Regulators in relation to Conduct Risk to inform the function including any discussion and consultation papers and financial guidance;
- Policies and Procedures - update policies and procedures to maintain compliance with relevant Directives and Regulations and review associated staff training requirements and materials;
- Advice and guidance - provide advise and guidance to branch and Head Office departments in relation to any queries around policies, procedures, complaints etc. as required.
- Sign-off financial promotions - Compliance-review financial promotions to ensure compliance with MCOB and BCOB and that any such promotions are clear, fair and not misleading;
- Monitor website updates - Review updates to the company website from a compliance and conduct risk point of view;
- Collate Conduct & Compliance MI - Collate a range of Conduct & Compliance Management Information including assessing and reviewing complaints data.
- Maintain relevant Risk Registers - as directed by the Head of Conduct & Compliance.
- Project participation - participate in compliance projects as requested.
- Operational Risk - assist in the ongoing identification, tracking and management of Operational risks.
- 3 years comparable experience of working within Compliance and/or Conduct Risk in a Financial Services firm
- Demonstrable strong working knowledge of MCOB/BCOB and Payment Service Regulations and a knowledge of core Conduct regulation practices.
Salary / Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary KPI Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Health cash plan
- Generous holidays
- Market leading pension
- Excellent training
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs