Commercial Account Executive - Belfast
An unmissable opportunity for an experienced Commercial Account Executive or a Senior Commercial Account Handler to join one of the world's largest independent insurance brokers!
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary / Competitive pension contribution / Medical Insurance/ Company car/ Death in Service/ Bonus
Abacus Careers are delighted to be recruiting for a Commercial Account Executive on behalf of one of the world's largest independent insurance brokers. Our client is one of the most forward-thinking, independent brokers on the market who continue to report month on month growth.
- The essence of the role is business development. It will be your responsibility to develop new opportunities, not only form the existing client book, but also pro-actively scoping for viable new business options
- Required to conduct in depth reviews into existing and prospect client's insurance needs, ensure any changes within the clients business are dealt with and any adjustments to their policy made.
- A high degree of accuracy is expected as you will ensure any materials, correspondence and policy documentation reach the client in a timely manner
- It will be your responsibility to cross-sell other products and services where possible, whilst gaining further opportunity through asking for referrals where applicable.
- The client's interests will be at the heart of what you do, and so it will be essential that you gain an understanding of their business operational model in order to build and maintain strong, lasting relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in commercial brokerage, knowledge of the local commercial insurance market and be sufficient in working to targets whilst settling into a busy team.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in the Insurance industry, specifically dealing directly with commercial or corporate clients
- It is essential you have the ability to assess risk and suitability
- You will be able to work towards and achieve targets, deliver results with a high degree of accuracy and effectively manage your workload. You will also come from a strong business development background and demonstrate a history of building and maintaining lasting profession relationships
It is expected that you will have advanced communication and negotiation skills in order to provide mutually beneficial solutions for both you and your client by working off your own initiative as well as part of the wider team.
Contact Nicky Strutt for a confidential chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs