VANRATH are recruiting a Senior Accountant on behalf of a diverse business based in Belfast. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance this is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, technically minded qualified accountant to take on a broad role where you will add value across the business.
* Preparation of the Statutory Accounts for the group, prepared in accordance with IFRS and the UK Governance Code, including the six-monthly interim accounts for the group;
* Take the lead role in preparing for new accounting standards and determining treatment of complex accounting treatments;
* Form part of the team preparing the monthly Management Accounts for the business and its subsidiaries, and reporting of these to senior management;
* Preparation of the finance report to the board of directors and other ad-hoc papers as required.
* Participate in the treasury management for the business, producing cashflows, assessing investment opportunities and determining treasury strategy;
* Co-ordinating tax compliance strategy and the processes needed to efficiently manage tax strategy;
* Preparation of year-end files for the auditors and assistance with the audit.
* Preparation, on an annual basis, of budgets for the group for the 5-year Business Plan.
* Ensuring proper internal processes and controls and working with the management team in maintaining the Regulatory and Commercial framework as the gas transmission network expands in Ireland.
* Assistance with implementing changes to financing, regulatory or other arrangements as these arise.
The Ideal Person:
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience. You possess strong technical accounting knowledge and a high level of computer literacy. You will have strong analytical and commercial acumen with an ability to challenge the status quo, be an effective team player, be able to use initiative and to work with a minimum of guidance. Good tax or treasury knowledge/experience, although not essential, would be an advantage.
The salary will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the local market place
For further information please contact Joanne Gordon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link.
Experience: 0 yrs