Indirect Tax Manager - Global Organisation
VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a global employer in the search for an Indirect Tax Manager specialising in VAT. The VAT Manager will work as part of the Global VAT team. The VAT Team is managed by the Director Global Indirect Taxes and this role is a pivotal role within the Belfast team.
- Responsible for management of UK VAT compliance including:
- Preparation of UK VAT returns (individual entity returns and consolidated VAT group returns) using VAT reporting tool
- Preparation of VAT returns of EU and non-EU VAT registration filings - working with external advisors to ensure accurate and timely submission of the returns (including MOSS)
- Documentation and implementation of VAT compliance process to provide continuous support and improvement on indirect tax compliance for Pearson
- Involvement in data analytics and trend analysis of VAT return and EU sales listing information
- Responsible for managing VAT reporting tool to ensure accuracy on VAT reporting and managing exception report analysis
- Support on-boarding of new countries on Avalara VAT reporting tool.
- Working with Compliance lead on developing a continuous improvement programme to support management of VAT compliance in Pearson
- Provide support to wider Indirect tax team on VAT audits and HMRC queries
- Liaising with financial control on key finance activities relating to VAT (clearing of VAT control accounts, settlement of VAT with members of the VAT group)
- Provide ad-hoc support on Oracle changes (logic, VAT rates)
* Dealing with day to day UK and global ad hoc queries from the business in relation to indirect tax
* Work on ad hoc projects as required (indirect tax reverse audit)
The Ideal Person
- You will have a proven background in a similar position.
- Ideally you will be hold a recognised accountancy qualification, CA or ACCA and CTA
- Experienced in UK and EU indirect tax legislation
For further information on this vacancy, or any Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joanne Bloomer in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Experience: 0 yrs