Financial Control Manager - 15 month contract
VANRATH are recruiting a commercially minded Financial Control Manager on behalf of a market leading financial services organisation based in Belfast. Offering a flexible working environment and highly competitive remuneration package, this is an outstanding opportunity to join a high performing team based in corporate offices in Belfast City Centre.
The role will play a key part in an important programme of work which is setting about reducing the number of legal entities within the Ulster franchise in order to minimise compliance risks and costs. This will involve working with senior stakeholders and managing the legal entity rationalisation work stream.
* Supporting financial control activities for the entities identified for rationalisation until they are dissolved, including legal entity reviews, review of statutory accounts and clearance of ledger and static rationalisation
* Collaborating with and updating senior stakeholders, including regular reporting to ExCo level
* Ensuring all aspects of the entity closure process are completed, documented and followed through to conclusion
* Liaising with colleagues in India in relation to ledger management and maintenance
* Managing external relationships with auditors and Grant Thornton in their capacity as liquidator
* Delivering substantiated and materially accurate legal entity balance sheets for entities within the legal entity rationalisation programme
* Co-ordinating production and undertaking review of annual financial statements for entities within the legal entity rationalisation programme
The Ideal Person:
The successful candidate will be a qualified account with strong post-qualification experience gained in a large accountancy firm or in the financial services industry and you will be able to illustrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant to gain extensive experience in a growing company where career progression is guaranteed for hard working and commercial accountants.
The salary will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the local market place
For further information please contact Joanne Gordon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250 or apply via the link.
Experience: 0 yrs