Credit Control Team leader
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting a Credit Control Team leader for our client based in Belfast City Centre. Our client is one of the worlds emerging global elite of law firms, with a clear sense of direction and a challenging and collaborative culture. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing our client's Credit Control Team of 5. This is an excellent opportunity for a team leader/manager to join a truly global law firm with a presence in 31 countries worldwide.
Role and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive Credit Management knowledge, delivering a high standard of technical advice to the firm
- Ongoing continuous professional development in the field of Credit Management
- Share knowledge of articles of interest with the team
- Awareness of current financial affairs on a general level and in relation to our key clients
- Manage the insolvency of clients to include global filings and correspondence with administrators
- Managing the exposure of the global firm through alerts, information providers, financial news and by detailed reporting and analysis by jurisdiction and or client. Exposure to include Work in progress and debt
- Debt management of the European offices serviced by Belfast SSC, including regular liaison via telephone and email with the Heads of Finance & Working Capital Managers.
- Distribution of Month end reports and statistics for the European Offices.
- Overarching responsibility for ensuring credit checks conducted for new clients on a global basis
- Monitoring of clients highlighted in debt exposure reports
- Daily workload of European Credit Controllers
- Supervision of the Credit team on a daily basis to include, holidays, lunch rotas and time off in lieu
- Responsible for the allocation of work and delegating ad hoc tasks to meet client needs
- In conjunction with the Credit Manager, setting cash collection targets, monitoring run rates
- Assisting the Credit Manager by giving on-going feedback, monthly one-to-ones & bi-monthly check-ins, annual performance reviews and objectives Identify and address learning and development gaps for the Belfast Credit team
- Credit Control experience
- Supervisory/team leading experience (3 years + as a minimum)
- Good numeracy and literacy skills and a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Currently working towards/ intention to study for the CICM qualification
- Builds strong client knowledge and relationships.
- Ability to adjust style appropriately, motivate others to succeed and delegate effectively
- Builds relationships with colleagues, engages with others and consults others on key decisions
- Team player and provides a supportive work environment for colleagues and shares information readily
- Excellent communicator and able to give small presentations confidently and write good reports Excellent drafting skills and influencing skills
Market Leading + Excellent Benefits
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Experience: 0 yrs