MCS Group have been retained by a Top 6 accountancy practice in Belfast at the height of their success, to assist with a brand new opportunity within their established and fast-growing tax team for a VAT Manager
You will be joining a Top 6 practice with a global footprint and strong local presence; providing several paths for career development and progression that best maximise your skills and ability. You will be rewarded with a competitive package and study support where required. Our client strives to understand their employee's requirements; tailoring each role to the individual and assuring they get the most out of their working life.
This specialised tax team covers a range of VAT & Indirect Tax compliance and consultancy work across Northern Ireland. They have an impressive client portfolio and a growing pipeline, offering excellent exposure to businesses from a variety of sizes and industries.
- Reporting into the Director and Partner, you will play a pivitol role in leading the juniors.
- VAT compliance and advisory projects.
- Communicating with business owners and accountants to exchange information about VAT-related issues.
- Assisting with the delivery of high-quality tax advice relating to VAT issues, compliance, reviews, and due diligence.
- Working closely with other VAT practitioners in the team to assure a high level of service.
- Building strong relationships with new and existing clients to identify innovative solutions and business development opportunities.
- ATT/ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified
- Demonstrable previous experience working within tax & VAT
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking and growing firm. In return our client is offering a competitive package to attract the best accountant on the market. This a rare occasion for a suitably experienced tax professional to join a market leading firm on their exciting journey. The package will include:
- Competitive base salary
- 22 Days annual leave plus public holidays
- Varied workload with exciting ad-hoc projects
- Excellent client interaction
- Little to no travel outside Northern Ireland
- Join a fun and dynamic working culture with regular social events
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us for more information 02896935521.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs