Trainee Tax Technician - Belfast
MCS Group has an exciting opportunity for Trainee Tax Technician to join a very busy small tax team where you will not only gain exposure to a variety of tax work, but will also been able to learn from senior management with extensive tax experience.
Our client is a highly regarded accountancy firm in Belfast with an exceptional reputation, growing their client referrals year on year which is a testament to the excellent service they provide. The firm is at the perfect size where they can offer all of the most important factors people look for when considering a move: new & challenging work, excellent client contact, ongoing support from the Partners, and unlimited internal progression opportunities. This firm is not only driving the business forward, it also cares about driving each of its members to achieve their full potential and be acknowledged at each stage of their career.
The successful trainee tax technician will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties:
- This will be a mixed tax role - you will be working across personal tax, corporate tax and VAT.
- Assist with the preparation of personal, corporate, VAT and employer compliance returns;
- Liaise with clients and HMRC
- Provide administrative support to the Tax Team;
- Work as part of a team to ensure all deadlines are met.
As the successful trainee tax technician you will have the following characteristics:
- Minimum of 3 Grade C's at A level or equivalent
- Minimum Grade B in both Maths and English at GCSE level or equivalent
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills
- Display a willingness to study and work towards professional qualifications
The successful trainee tax technician will receive the following:
- A competitive salary with full ATT study support, including financial support for fees and fully paid study leave for exams.
- You will be joining a warm and friendly team where staff are recognised and rewarded for their work.
- The chance to work with and learn from senior management that have an extensive knowledge of tax.
- Once qualified, you will have the opportunity further your career by studying for your CTA qualifications.
Experience: 0 yrs