MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a trainee corporate accountant for our forward-thinking Belfast based client.
Due to continued growth and recent market acquisitions this is a great time to be joining the business who are a provider of corporate, trust, fund and accounting services for European clients.
In return our client offers an industry leading study support and benefits package.
Trainee Corporate Accountant
Responsible for the planning and preparation of a portfolio of monthly management accounts with detailed variance analysis, statutory annual financial reports and corporation tax calculations, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and that the client delivery complies with the Company's contractual obligations.
Reporting into a Company Accountant your responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop an understanding of all entities in the assigned portfolio, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements.
- Accurately account for transactions, including the calculation of accruals and receivables in line with SLA's
- Communicate confidently and professionally with clients to discuss format and content of reporting and appropriate account treatment
- Review client ledgers to ensure bookkeeping is accurate
- Prepare accurate accounting files, with appropriate supporting documentation, in line with procedures
- Ensure that current accounting standards and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process
- Establish reporting for new entities based on set up documents and client reporting requirements
- Liaise with auditors to agree timetable to produce annual statutory accounts and assist with their requests to ensure the audit runs smoothly and efficiently
The key experience we're looking for in this position is:
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to the varying tasks and the ability to respond positively to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs