MCS Group are proud to partner with one of the fastest growing businesses in Belfast as they seek to appoint a Senior Manger to lead a newly formed Trade Management function based in one of the leading office locations in the city.
Our client is a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
Operating through a diverse range of core businesses, the firm creates strong networks in person and through technology. They provide comprehensive analysis and insight into market conditions and long-term trends, combining data, knowledge and intelligence into contextual insight and commercial guidance. By engaging with their clients, and providing innovative products and services, they enable their clients to transact with confidence, facilitating the flow of capital and commodities around the world, enhancing investment and contributing to economic growth.
They are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to their clients. Above all else, they Respect their clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of their cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
This role will initially be responsible for the leading and overseeing the migration of services from the firm's London office and into the newly established Belfast office. As such, the role will initially involve the establishment and build out of a new Trade Management function in Belfast and then subsequently working with colleagues in London on knowledge transfer and service migration. Once services have been migrated to Belfast, the Trade Management Senior Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Business As Usual (BAU) activities.
The Trade Management (TM) team process transactions for the Name Give Up (NGU) business as well as Futures: Exchanged Traded Derivatives (ETD).
- Managing, motivating and developing staff in the EMEA Trade Management Department
- Escalation point for all Trade Management issues
- To be a key member of the Operations Management team, in EMEA
- Building/maintaining strong relationships with Risk Management, Technology and Broker Management
- Ensuring that business processes/systems are monitored and reviewed regularly
- Understanding the departments defined Business Continuity Plans and regularly testing them
- Producing management information (MI) on KPIs and ensuring appropriate action is taken to address underlying issues and opportunities identified
- Maintaining a strong control environment with particular emphasis on the completion of all reconciliations and the maintenance of a high standard of data integrity
- Ensuring the department remain up-to-date and in compliance with all FCA regulations and requirements affecting the Trade Management Department
- Other duties as contained in the job description
- Must be legally eligible to work in the UK
- Deep financial services operations knowledge and experience
- Strong, demonstrable experience of effectively managing a Trade Management team within a capital markets or financial services operations environment
- Strong proven experience in the management of a multiple teams that operates under pressure
- Experienced in building and establishing teams, and through mentoring, empowering team members to achieve and deliver against evolving goals
- Proven experience in identifying, implementing and ensuring successful process improvements
For more information or to apply, please contact Phil Clarke at MCS Group or submit your CV via the link provided. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs