MCS Group has an exciting opportunity for Tax Manager to head up a small tax team where you will not only gain exposure to a variety of tax work, but also be in a prime position to progress to Partner level in the near future.
Our client is a highly regarded accountancy firm in Belfast with an exceptional reputation, growing their client referrals year on year which is a testament to the excellent service they provide. The firm is at the perfect size where they can offer all of the most important factors people look for when considering a move: new & challenging work, excellent client contact, ongoing support from the Partners, and unlimited internal progression opportunities. This firm is not only driving the business forward, it also cares about driving each of its members to achieve their full potential and be acknowledged at each stage of their career.
You will play a key role in leading a small tax team where you will be working closely with the Partners on a range of challenging tax compliance and advisory work. Here is some of what your role has to offer:
- Manage the delivery of a variety of tax assignments with a particular focus on corporate tax clients.
- Gain all-round exposure to other tax areas depending on the clients' needs such as personal tax, R&D tax, VAT, estate planning, and employment tax.
- Work closely with a range of NI-based clients where you will take an active part in engaging in client meetings and building new & existing client relationships.
- Have close contact with the Partners and senior management team who are there to offer support and guidance if needed.
- You must have strong tax experience within an accountancy firm with either a corporate tax a mixed tax background.
- You will ideally have a relevant accountancy / tax qualification (ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA); however, candidates without these qualifications may be considered as long as they have the relevant tax experience.
- You will have sound technical skills with the ability to prioritise work, oversee junior team members, maintain client relationships, and identify further business opportunities.
- You may be an Assistant Manager or Manager looking for a more autonomous role where you can progress your career.
- Join a well-established firm where you have the freedom to develop your own career path and progress to senior levels within the business.
- You will be competitively remunerated based on your experience and enjoy a varied workload.
- You will be joining a friendly and inclusive team that will make sure you settle in and will offer support when needed.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Caroline Gaughan, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs