Tax Consultant - Belfast
MCS Group are seeking an ambitious Tax Consultant to lead a brand new tax team for a local, highly-regarded accountancy practice based in the centre of Belfast. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious tax specialist to progress to Tax Partner in this firm.
Our client is a rapidly growing practice based in Belfast city centre. They provide multi-disciplinary services including: audit, accountancy, tax and advisory services to a diverse client base and have developed a particular niche in the charity sector. All of their service lines are experiencing strong growth and they would like to facilitate this growth by recruiting a Tax Consultant to play a leading role in an expansion in the range of tax services we offer to our clients. They have a strong team of staff and place significant importance in creating a working environment which is professional but relaxed. Excellent team spirit and job satisfaction are key objectives that they seek to achieve by being flexible and supportive of their team.
The successful Tax Consultant will be responsible for:
- Managing the varied tax requirements of a portfolio of private clients and businesses with whom you would directly liaise
- Ensuring tax compliance matters are dealt with within statutory deadlines
- Driving the expansion of our tax service enabling us to offer more 'value-added' tax planning advice to our clients
- Being proactive in terms of identifying opportunities our clients could benefit from
- Managing and assisting in non-tax engagements such as audits and accounts preparation
- Managing a team of motivated individuals and monitoring performance on engagements
- Reporting directly to our client's Directors
- Being a key member of management helping to continue our growth and shaping the future direction of the firm
- In this role you would get the opportunity to work in other areas such as audit, accounts preparation and general advisory services.
The successful Tax Consultant candidate will have the following characteristics:
- ACA, ACCA, ATT or CTA
- You must have strong tax experience within an accountancy firm (3+ years).
- You may be from a personal tax, corporate tax, or mixed tax background.
- Experience of compliance management across the various taxes
- The ability to be proactive in identifying tax planning opportunities
- Strong inter personal skills and a history of being client's point of contact
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
The successful Tax Consultant will be benefit from:
- Highly competitive remuneration package + study support based on experience
- The chance to lead a brand new Tax team and grow it as you see fit
- Autonomy in the role
- Open to full time or part time
- The chance to join a warm, friendly environment
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Adam Macklin, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs