MCS Group are delighted to be working with a large professional services client to hire an Indirect Tax Advisor to join their Tax team in Belfast. They are looking for candidates with experience and/or an interest in providing VAT advice. With annual progression opportunities, they are interested in candidates with a desire to learn and grow.
As an Indirect Tax Adviser you will gain exposure to this interesting and complex indirect tax work as part of a fast-growing yet tight knit team as it moves to the next stage of an ambitious growth plan.
We are looking for someone with experience working in tax who wants to build their career in Indirect Tax. Your experience and core skills of research, communication, and client service will allow you to hit the ground running, with technical support and coaching from the senior members of the team. Your role will require you to be responsible for the effective delivery of client work.
- Work on a broad portfolio of clients providing advice on a range of VAT issues.
- Support the team in delivery of indirect tax advisory projects, with an increasing focus on technology solutions.
- Work with the wider tax team on client proposals, due diligence projects and advisory engagements.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues, providing excellent client service.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service, meet deadlines, and work within budgets.
- A desire to learn and develop into the role.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work.
To qualify for the role:
- Degree preferred, but minimum of educated to A-level or equivalent.
- Minimum one years' experience working within tax or general accountancy role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- After a period of learning and working in the role, the right individual should be prepared to study and pass ATT and CTA with full study support.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- ATT qualification would be preferred but not essential.
- An understanding of basic VAT principles.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Support is on offer for flexible working and career development and you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Also on offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: The necessary tools and flexibility will be provided so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: You'll be provided withthe insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
What do I do next?
To speak in confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ben Cargin, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5513??
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current and exclusive roles www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs